As a leading player in off-highway engine engineering Ricardo offers:
- A clear route map of practical technology solutions to achieve Tier 4 emissions regulations in a cost-effective and optimal manner for each application
- New engine design and development as well as upgrades to existing products and calibration/homologation to a wide range of international regulations
- Access to its own proprietary technologies offering unique and high-value solutions, such as the recently launched ultra-low particulate twin vortex combustion system as incorporated on the JCB EcoMax T4 engine (hailed as the world’s cleanest off-highway engine)
- Class-leading alternative fuel concepts such as Ricardo’s flex-fuel optimized EBDI ethanol combustion technology
- Engine localization and adaptation for new applications and markets.
Cost, design and performance benchmarking