Ricardo plc has considered the impact on the environment of its services and activities and undertakes to assist clients to comply with ever-increasing environmental demands and to minimise the environmental impact of its services, operations and products.
Our principle environmental commitments are:
- Through the nature of our work, to undertake research, design, development and build of low emissions engines and vehicles that will meet appropriate international and client requirements
- To comply with all environmental legislation, codes of practice, regulatory controls and client or insurance requirements
- To minimise avoidable pollution or nuisance that may be caused by our activities
- To use energy and natural resources efficiently and to reduce consumption where possible
- To minimise the generation of waste and to dispose of unavoidable waste in a responsible manner
- To consider the environmental implications of changes to products, processes, materials and facilities when business decisions are made
- To continually improve our environmental performance through the setting and review of realistic and achievable objectives
- To provide appropriate resources for the implementation of this policy
- To work with relevant stakeholders to implement this policy
- To verify compliance by certification to ISO14001 in our main facilities
This policy is implemented at each Ricardo facility through our environmental management systems and changes to this policy shall be driven by audit results, changing circumstances and the commitment to continual improvement. Staff awareness of this policy is ensured by providing appropriate training and communications.
Dave Shemmans (Chief Executive Officer)
August 17th 2015