Ricardo plc has considered the impact on the environment of its services and activities and undertakes to assist clients to comply with ever-increasing environmental demands and to minimise the environmental impact of their own services, operations and products.
As an environmentally sustainable organisation the Ricardo principle environmental commitments are:
- Through the nature of our work, we undertake research, design, development, assemble low emissions engines and build vehicles that will meet appropriate international environmental regulations and client requirements
- To comply with all applicable environmental legislation, codes of practice, regulatory controls and business requirements
- To minimise pollution or nuisance that may be caused by our activities• Where appropriate protect local habitats and ecosystems that can be affected at Ricado facilities
- To use energy and natural resources efficiently and to reduce consumption where possible
- To minimise the generation of emissions and waste, disposing of according to local and national rules and regulations
- To Identify significant environmental aspects and related impacts affecting our facilities and changes to products, processes, materials when business decisions are made
- To continually improve our environmental performance through the setting and review of realistic and achievable objectives
- To provide appropriate resources for the implementation of this policy
- In line with the context of the business To work with relevant interested parties/stakeholders to implement this policy
- To verify compliance/conformance by certification to ISO14001 in at our main facilities
- Where applicable encourage our supply chain to adopt similar environmental commitments
This policy is implemented at each Ricardo facility through our management systems. Changes to this policy shall be driven by audit results, changing circumstances and the commitment to continual improvement. Staff awareness of this policy is ensured by providing appropriate training and communications.
Dave Shemmans (Chief Executive Officer)
February 1st 2017