Low cost countries continue to capture an increasing share of the shipbuilding market, aided by the outsourcing trend of established companies in the western world. Further, modular supply is becoming more common place, which transforms shipyards into systems integrators and assemblers.
Ricardo is a well recognized partner to the marine sector and has worked together with clients on a wide variety of watercraft equipment including, small leisure boats, yachts, commercial ships, marine defense applications and cruise ships. We understand the unique challenges of each segment including meeting increasingly strict emission legislation, the imperative of improving ship energy efficiency and reducing fuel consumption, while also minimizing total construction and operating costs.
Ricardo offers a broad range of services to this sector including market and technology studies, product quality and cost improvement programs and turnaround management.
Our client base is composed of large multinational players as well as small local companies in the marine industry. We have delivered a number of high value engagements all across the world, some of our recent project work includes:
· Definition and optimization of product and service portfolio, e.g. 2-stroke engine portfolio for merchant vessels
· Development and definition of market entry and strategic expansion strategies into various regions
· Potential take-over target identification and technical product benchmarking
· Technical and commercial assessments of new technologies, and
· Volume forecast modeling for various industry segments and individual component level
In addition to our experienced consultants and industry experts we have access to our constantly updated global emission database (emleg) and internal benchmark data to rapidly provide our clients with valuable contents and insights.
Send this page to a friend
Send a query to RSC from here