PISDYN calculates the secondary motions of the piston assembly by solving for the forces and moments of the piston/liner system and how these interact with the lubrication at the component interfaces throughout the engine cycle. The lubrication model includes the effects of both hydrodynamic and boundary lubrication, as well as accounting for the elasticity of the piston skirt and cylinder liner.
PISDYN also allows for a full hierarchy of solution levels ranging from rigid through compliant to fully dynamic components and from dry through partially flooded to full flooded oil supply zones.
- Mass conserving Elastohydrodynamic Lubrication (EHL) model
- Boundary lubrication model
- Average flow model (flow coefficients)
- Dry, Partially & Fully Flooded oil supply options
- Rigid, Compliant & Dynamic piston and liner model types
- Prediction of lubricated extend and cavitated regions
- Modelling lubricated, unlubricated zones and cut-outs
- Bore distortion and bore gas pressure deformationPiston skirt thermal, inertial and gas pressure deformation
- Piston crown lands, skirt and bore profilesSpatial varying viscosity
- Crown lands contact modelSimplified top ring model
- Animated results on piston skirt, cylinder liner, wristpin bearings and crown lands
- Complete cycle results plot