SABR is able to model deep groove and angular contact ball bearings, tapered, cylindrical and needle roller bearings that are casing mounted or encapsulated within two rotating components. The bearing life, misalignment and loading algorithms form the backbone of SABR and are based on bearing calculations that the main bearing design and manufacturing companies use including ISO and DIN standards. The close relationship of the bearing companies to Ricardo has assisted the evolution of SABR, and Koyo, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of bearings, has its bearing ranges integrated into the package. SABR can calculate and visually represent the exact loading regime of the bearing indicating the overall use of the bearing race as well as potential areas of excessive load.
- Ability to analyse either standard or custom bearings of all the main types
- Life calculation taking into account bearing misalignment, roller crowning and level of loading, preload and clearance
- Visual display of loading regime on the bearing raceways
- Quick bearing positioning tool allowing fast iterative assessments of transmission layout
- Gear mounted needle roller bearing analysis
- Integrated bearing catalogue
- Ability to define and develop bespoke bearing catalogue