Shaft Design and Analysis
SABR allows the user to model transmission shafts, from single section shafts for initial concept sizing to complex multi-node arrangements for full and detailed system analysis, quickly and accurately. Stress concentration factors are automatically calculated and can include oil holes, circlip grooves and fillet radii at diameter steps. The effect of bores and tapered shaft arrangements can be modelled assisted by an updating sectional view of the shaft. Detailed output of the shaft analysis is given for deflections as well as the key stresses including torsional and shear.
- Fast data input through intuitive user interface
- Ability to assess all levels of shaft complexity
- Interactive 3D graphical user interface (GUI)
- Graphs of bending moment, shear force, torque application and axial force
- Force directions shown in 3D GUI for quick and easy understanding of loading regime
- Numerical and graphical results showing principal tensile and compressive stress, bending, axial, torsional and shear stresses