A library of technical papers has been assembled to help the client learn more on how VALDYN has been used in real life applications throughout many different industries. Many of the papers provided contain data from experiments along with corresponding simulation results for the purpose of establishing and validating the capabilities of the programs.
- An analytical process to minimise gear rattle risk throughout all the phases of transmission design and development, click here
- Park Lock Dynamic Analysis using VALDYN, click here
- The Use of VALDYN in the Design of Formula 1 Valvetrains, click here
- The Use of VALDYN in the Design of the Valvetrain and Timing Drive of the new Ferrari V8 Engine, click here
- The Use of VALDYN in the Analysis of Three Diesel Engine Valve Trains in Current Production, click here
- Correlation of VALDYN Link-by-Link Chain Modeling, click here
- Improvement and Optimization of a QOHC V6 Timing System with VALDYN, click here
- Single Valve Train Analysis of IC Engine Using Ricardo's VALDYN Software, click here
- Simulation and Processes Applied to the Development of a New Engine, click here
- VALDYN for Design Verification of the Chain Drive, click here
- Fenske, G., Erdemir, A., Ajayi, O., Erck, R., Eryilmaz, O., Kexerle, J., Oberto, L., and Filipe, Z., “Low-Friction Engineered Surfaces,” US Department of Energy, Diesel Engine Efficiency and Emissions Research (DEER) Conference, Detroit, Aug 2007. click here
- Carden, P., “Prediction of Friction in Motorsport Engines,” Global Motorsports Congress, Nov 2006, 34pp. click here
- Fox, I., E., “Numerical Evaluation of the Potential for Fuel Economy Improvement due to Boundary Friction Reduction within Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines,” Tribology International, Vol. 38, Issue 3, March 2005, pp. 265-275, click here
Here are just some of the other VALDYN papers which are available through SAE and other journals:
- Deighan, T. P. and Whitehead, T., “Driveline Vibration Analysis for Successful Clutch Spring Pack Design for a 4 Cylinder Motorcycle Engine,” (SAE 2013-01-1893)
- Calabretta, M., Cacciatore, D., and Carden, P., “Valvetrain Friction - Modeling, Analysis and Measurement of a High Performance Engine Valvetrain System,” (SAE 2010-01-1492)
Montazersadgh, F., H., “Development of an Automated Cam Profile Designer and Optimizer,” (SAE 2010-01-1108)
Maile, K., Campean, F., and Day, A., “Design for Reliability of an Engine Timing Chain,” (SAE 2009-01-0206)
Fattah, M., A., and Campean, I., “Analytical Life Prediction Modelling of an Automotive Timing Belt,” (SAE 2008-01-1207)
- Makkapati, S., Ku, K., and Poe, S., “A Novel Way of Manipulating and Optimizing Cam Profiles for Internal Combustion Engines,” ASME Internal Combustion Engine Division Fall Technical Conference, ICEF2007-1680, October 2007.
- Zuhdi, N., Carden, P., and Bell, D., “Design and Analysis of a Lightweight Crankshaft for a Racing Motorcycle Engine,” (SAE 2007-01-0265)
Carden, P., Pendlebury, K., Zuhdi, N., and Whitehead, A., J., G., “Design and Development of the Valvetrain for a Racing Motorcycle Engine,” (SAE 2007-01-0264)
- Carden, P., “Prediction of Friction Loss in an Automotive Chain Timing Drive,” Tribology 2006 Conference: Surface Engineering and Tribology for Future Engines and Drivelines, I.Mech.E, London, UK; Jul 2006.
- Lake, T., “Development of a Two-Stroke/Four-Stroke Switching Gasoline Engine - The 2/4SIGHT Concept,” (SAE 2005-01-1137)
- Howell, T., P., Powell, N., N., and Etheridge, P., “The Application of Correlated Modeling Techniques to Investigate Gear Rattle Noise in a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle,” International Congress & Exposition on Noise Control Engineering, Inter-Noise 2002, Dearborn, Michigan, USA, Aug 2002.
- Barnard, P., Carden, P., Atkins, P., Powell, N., March, J., “Analysis and Reduction of Secondary Balancer Shaft Chain Drive Load and Noise,” 9th Aachen Engine Symposium, organised by VKA and IKA, 2000, Vol.1.
- Smith, A., and Paola, G., “The Application of Advanced Simulation Methods in the Design of Formula 1 Valvetrains,” 19th International Vienna Engine Symposium, 1998, Vol. 1.