To download presentations, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
A library of technical papers has been assembled to help the client learn more on how VALDYN has been used in real life applications throughout many different industries. Many of the papers provided contain data from experiments along with corresponding simulation results for the purpose of establishing and validating the capabilities of the programs.
- Automated Cam Profile designer and Optimizer
- An analytical process to minimise gear rattle risk throughout all the phases of transmission design and development
- Park Lock Dynamic Analysis using VALDYN
- The Use of VALDYN in the Design of Formula 1 Valvetrains
- The Use of VALDYN in the Design of the Valvetrain and Timing Drive of the new Ferrari V8 Engine
- The Use of VALDYN in the Analysis of Three Diesel Engine Valve Trains in Current Production
- Correlation of VALDYN Link-by-Link Chain Modeling
- Improvement and Optimization of a QOHC V6 Timing System with VALDYN
- Single Valve Train Analysis of IC Engine Using Ricardo's VALDYN Software
- Simulation and Processes Applied to the Development of a New Engine
- VALDYN for Design Verification of the Chain Drive
- Low-Friction Engineered Surfaces,” US Department of Energy, Diesel Engine Efficiency and Emissions Research (DEER) Conference, Detroit, Aug 2007.
- Prediction of Friction in Motorsport Engines,” Global Motorsports Congress, Nov 2006, 34pp.
- Numerical Evaluation of the Potential for Fuel Economy Improvement due to Boundary Friction Reduction within Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines, Tribology International, Vol. 38, Issue 3, March 2005, pp. 265-275
Here are just some of the other VALDYN papers which are available through SAE and other journals:
- Application of CAE in Design Optimization of a Wet Dual Cutch Transmission and Driveline, SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 7(3):2014 (SAE 2014-01-1755)
- Driveline Vibration Analysis for Successful Clutch Spring Pack Design for a 4 Cylinder Motorcycle Engine, (SAE 2013-01-1893)
- Valvetrain Friction - Modeling, Analysis and Measurement of a High Performance Engine Valvetrain System, (SAE 2010-01-1492)
- Development of an Automated Cam Profile Designer and Optimizer, (SAE 2010-01-1108)
- Design for Reliability of an Engine Timing Chain, (SAE 2009-01-0206)
- Analytical Life Prediction Modelling of an Automotive Timing Belt, (SAE 2008-01-1207)
- A Novel Way of Manipulating and Optimizing Cam Profiles for Internal Combustion Engines, ASME Internal Combustion Engine Division Fall Technical Conference, ICEF2007-1680, October 2007.
- Design and Analysis of a Lightweight Crankshaft for a Racing Motorcycle Engine, (SAE 2007-01-0265)
- Design and Development of the Valvetrain for a Racing Motorcycle Engine, (SAE 2007-01-0264)
- Prediction of Friction Loss in an Automotive Chain Timing Drive, Tribology 2006 Conference: Surface Engineering and Tribology for Future Engines and Drivelines, London, UK; Jul 2006.
- Development of a Two-Stroke/Four-Stroke Switching Gasoline Engine - The 2/4SIGHT Concept, (SAE 2005-01-1137)
- The Application of Correlated Modeling Techniques to Investigate Gear Rattle Noise in a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle, International Congress & Exposition on Noise Control Engineering, Inter-Noise 2002, Dearborn, Michigan, USA, Aug 2002.
- Analysis and Reduction of Secondary Balancer Shaft Chain Drive Load and Noise, 9th Aachen Engine Symposium, organised by VKA and IKA, 2000, Vol.1., The Application of Advanced Simulation Methods in the Design of Formula 1 Valvetrains, 19th International Vienna Engine Symposium, 1998, Vol. 1.