WAVE includes a 2D structural conduction model for the engine structure (head, cylinder liner, piston and valves) and manifolds. This provides improved performance prediction with accurate engine and exhaust system heat extraction. Also exhaust system warm-up transient analysis can be performed.
- 2D structural conduction model allows calculation of wall temperatures with external radiation and convection
- Single or multi-layered wall structure
- Valve heat transfer
- Use cycle-averaged WAVE results as boundary conditions for full 3D FEA analysis
- Integrated thermal FE solver (FECOND) for cylinder component temperature prediction
- Imports directly from commercial FEA codes (ANSYS, NASTRAN)