August 26, 2015
Ricardo Software Newsletter
In This Issue:
- Growing our footprint in India: Recognizing India's emerging market and their growing impact on the global automotive landscape for light duty vehicles, Ricardo Software has focused on expanding front-line support, expert engineering services, and training. As a result, we've seen outstanding success and growth in the number of licensed users along with overall positive customer engagement.
- Merging Business and Culture: The Ricardo100 Global Challenge had teams of Ricardo employees taking part in a relay that traveled around the world using vehicles of significance to Ricardo's past and present. The India team drove a New Generation Scorpio, the result of a design and development collaboration between Ricardo and Mahindra engineers.
- Delivering detailed waste heat recovery system analysis for Volkswagen: The application of recovering exhaust gas and converting it into usable mechanical and electrical energy represents an emerging automotive technology for increasing fuel economy and reducing CO2 emissions.
- Promoting careers in science, technology, engineering & mathmatics: Throughout the 2014-15 year, Ricardo Software sponsored more than 170 universities by offering low-cost academic licensing grants as well as free-of-charge licensing for Formula SAE teams.
- Software Release 2015.1: In early May, Ricardo Software released version 2015.1, which includes a variety of enhancements for the entire product lineup.
Download the newsletter here
July 9, 2015
New Case Study: Eliminating Physical Sensors
In our newest case study, Ricardo Software demonstrates how to successfully eliminate physical sensors and replace them with more efficient, less expensive, and more capable digital engine control units. Using an accurate real-time engine model (WAVE RT) running on a transient engine, validated results prove that sensor-free control using WAVE-RT resulted in equivalent performance! Download a copy of the case study here.
July 1, 2015
India User Conference: Presentations Now Available
Presentations from the 2015 India User Conference in Pune, India are now available! With two session tracks (Structural and Fluid) there are more than a dozen presentations focused on practical real-world applications using Ricardo Software tools. Presentations can be downloaded here. For information on next year's event, join our mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 6, 2015
European User Conference: Presentations Now Available
All approved presentations from Ricardo Software's European User Conference, in Prague, can now be downloaded, here. For information on next year's event, join our mailing list by emailing email@example.com.
May 19, 2015
New Case Study: Reducing Emissions with a Real-time Engine Model
In a new case study, Ricardo Software proves a 5.5% reduction in smoke emissions during transient engine operation. Using a very accurate real-time engine model (WAVE RT) running on a transient engine, engineers were able to design advanced fueling strategies that calculated the precise fueling requirements to achieve a target air/fuel ratio. Download the case study here.
May 13, 2015
Ricardo Software 2015.1 Release
We’re happy to announce that the latest release, 2015.1, of Ricardo Software’s products is now available for download! We’ve added great new features that you’ll enjoy using. View the highlights here.
March 3, 2015
Ricardo Software News Release
In an effort to drive quality and continuous improvement, Ricardo Software has partnered with leading training company, Wren & Pecker to conduct Powertrain CAE trainings across engineering colleges in India. The scope of this association will be to create a platform for students of engineering colleges in India, to gain a hands-on understanding of the procedure needed to design engineering products using the Ricardo Software tools. Read the full release here.
January 30, 2015
Ricardo Software and CAE Newsletter
In This Issue:
- Transmission Design Using VALDYN: SAIC successfully used VALDYN to optimize the NVH performance as it developed a dual clutch transmission (DCT) - here we describe how the Chinese automaker used Ricardo Software to optimize the Roewe 550 sedan
- New RINGPAK Solver: Launched in 2014, the new 3D capable RINGPAK solver takes ring pack analysis to the next level - providing enhanced predictive capabilities and more a efficient correlation process. The new RINGPAK solver is available to existing licensees at no additional cost.
- KOHLER's Clean Engine: Revealed for the first time at the EICMA show, Bologna, Italy, the new KOHLER KDI 3404 engine features the revolutionary Ricardo Twin Vortex Combustion System and was developed using WAVE and VECTIS.
- Software Release 2014.2: The latest software release incorporated a wide range of new features and enhancements across the mechanical, fluid and vehicle simulation product portfolio.
Download the newsletter here