ENGDYN training courses are three days long and the ORBIT courses are one day long. The content of the courses are listed below.
No prior ENGDYN knowledge is required if the attendee is enrolled for all three days of the training. General knowledge of internal combustion engines is recommended.
Basic ENGDYN training (three days):
- Analyzing the dynamics of an engine, in particular the dynamics of the crank train and its interaction with the cylinder block.
- Standard and new features of ENGDYN.
- Step-by-step hands-on model building modules to learn correct model-building practices.
- Classical crank stressing analysis of an in-line 4 cylinder diesel engine.
- V8 training example.
- In-line 4 training example.
Basic ORBIT training (one day):
- Introduction to ORBIT features
- Traditional plain bearing analysis techniques using the mobility method within ORBIT
- Using ORBIT for concept level parametric studies
- The effects of oil features and non-circular bearing/shaft geometry using the finite volume mode of solution
- Introduction to complex bearing analyses incorporating elasto-hydrodynamic effects
- Creating a bearing compliance matrix from a finite element mode
- Applying bearing loads from ENGDYN, PISDYN, VALDYN
No training courses are currently scheduled.