Reliability and maintenance engineering
Ricardo experts will help you enhance current maintenance regimes by using the latest models and best practices from across the industry.
How we can help you
Operating rolling stock cost-effectively requires proactive, timely and well-planned maintenance regimes that help reduce the risk of service disruption and prevent costs from escalating.
Our rail maintenance services include implementing data-driven techniques such as condition-based maintenance, coupled with applying best practice RAMS (reliability, availability, maintainability and safety) techniques.
- Applying the latest maintenance models, including Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM3)
- Applying risk-analysis methodologies, including obsolescence analysis on spare parts
- Implementing data-driven techniques as condition-based maintenance, including planning, support and developing business cases
- Performing reliability and maintenance analysis on rolling stock performance and operational processes
- Conducting maturity-level assessments, including gap analyses on maintenance strategy, plans and processes
- Providing sector-leading vehicle damage detection and diagnostic systems
- Providing fleet auditing services to monitor asset condition and defects, allowing you to do proactive maintenance and repair
- Reliability and maintenance engineering
- Providing on-site production support and tooling for solving highly complex failures and preventing and monitoring recurring failures
With our support, you will be able to closely balance maintenance costs with rolling stock RAMS performance - leading to notable improvements in the reliability and availability of vehicles.
Other benefits include:
- Lower overheads
- Reduced in-service delays, resulting in better patronage and stronger financial performance
- Cost-effective modifications and greater efficiency in operating processes
- New insight into possible longer-term improvements;
- The potential to extend the life of rolling stock through optimised maintenance.
This service is offered within the following sectors.