Comprehensive sustainability and ESG solutions for food and drink organisations
Ricardo has a long history of supporting the food and drink businesses and has a deep understanding of the issues affecting the sector.
Our multidisciplinary teams of experts provide bespoke independent advice and support tailored to your needs at every step of your sustainability journey.
Helping you get ahead in the market
We help our clients differentiate themselves in the market by developing strategies that reduce risk and build long-term organisational and supply chain resilience. Our support can help to position you as a sustainability leader with robust plans and effective actions that satisfy the demands of investors, regulators, consumers and employees.
Our expertise stretches from farm to fork and beyond with support throughout a project lifecycle; from baselining and road mapping through feasibility assessments and implementation to reporting and review.
A menu of experts for comprehensive support
With teams specialised in net zero and decarbonisation, agriculture, energy, heat, waste and resource management, sustainable packaging, life cycle assessment, sustainable procurement, water, air quality and more, we can offer a bespoke, integrated package of services to help you set and achieve all your environmental goals.
Our mission at Ricardo is to create a world fit for the future. Over the last 30 years, we’ve helped thousands of organisations across the world to save millions of tonnes of carbon and reduce their environmental impact while allowing their business to grow.
Using deep technical knowledge we enable our clients to develop progressive sustainability and ESG strategies, underpinned by powerful execution pathways.
Whether you are just starting to plan your journey to net zero, or already have a roadmap in place and want expertise to deliver your ambitions, Ricardo is here to help. We can support you with reducing Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 emissions.
We provide innovative solutions tailored to your needs, supported by our specialists in energy systems, sustainability, carbon capture, sustainable transport, energy from waste, and more.
Publicising information about your activities is a risk as well as an opportunity, so it’s important to get it right.Our team can support you to report correctly and offer advice to help you report future success.
Our experts can tailor plan to help your organisation benefit from a circular economy approach including market assessment, resource mapping, sustainable procurement, stakeholder engagement and more.
Our long-established air quality team can help you to understand, manage and improve air quality.
Ricardo’s sustainable transport team can help you assess, design and implement the most effective strategies, policies and solutions to make your transport systems more efficient, sustainable and resilient.
An ESG strategy will help you to understand and respond to the risk and opportunities that will impact your company’s success and long-term value creation. ESG reporting provides a snapshot of the business’s impact in these three areas for investors, customers and wider stakeholders.
Your Scope 3 (or value chain) emissions can account for up to 90% of your organisation’s greenhouse gas impact. We can help you to tackle this traditionally difficult area through baselining, strategy development, target setting, supplier engagement, implementation and reporting.
We can help monitor your greenhouse gas emissions and provide strategic advice on how to decarbonise.
Our deep scientific analysis is helping our clients develop more sustainable products and/or demonstrate their already impressive environmental credentials.
Our experts offer world-class packaging consultancy allowing you to innovate, increase your eco-credentials and comply with legislation.
We are internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive water and environmental projects.
Our NCEC experts have a comprehensive understanding of all legislation relating to the manufacture, distribution, use, treatment and disposal of chemicals. As such, it is ideally placed to guide its clients through the complicated processes of maintaining regulatory compliance.
Food and drink news and resources
- Ricardo report for FoodDrinkEurope: Decarbonising the European food and drink manufacturing sector
- Food and Drink Federation webinar: What are Scope 3 carbon emissions and why do they matter?
- FDF and Ricardo Podcast: The European Green Deal & UK food and drink businesses
- News: Ricardo produces menu of options for food and drink sector
- Case study: Auditing the On-Pack Recycling Label scheme
- Case study: Award-winning whisky maker Whyte and Mackay raises a glass to a net-zero future
- Blog: A tale of two soups – using life cycle assessment to identify environmental impact hotspots
- Blog: How to develop an actionable net-zero roadmap
- Blog: How to develop an effective sustainability strategy – seven recommendations from leading practitioners
- Ricardo Quarterly magazine article: The Promised Land, aiming for climate smart agriculture
- Ricardo Quarterly magazine article: Raising a glass
- Webinar series: Achieving net zero
- Video miniseries (3 minutes each): Scope 3 emissions
- Video (9 minutes): The tale of two soups
- Video (10 minutes): How the Food & Drink Federation is responding to industrial decarbonisation
Ricardo is proud to be a member of the The Food and Drink Federation
Get in touch
Get in touch to see how we can support your organisation to achieve its sustainability goals