Water resource management
Ricardo has a wealth of water and environmental knowledge, expertise, technical skills and extensive capability, enabling us to provide industry-leading water and natural resource services
Expert advice for effective management of water resources
Ricardo specialises in developing and implementing policy and is a trusted adviser on water resources and drought management, irrigation modernisation, catchment management, hydrological modelling and water management. This includes helping our clients to engage successfully with stakeholders, governments, donor agencies and regulators.
Ricardo's experts have extensive experience of support government and the water industry in planning for the development of water resource management. We combine our experience with advanced measurement and modelling approaches to create robust data-driven water resource planning:
- Identifying opportunities to optimise water use to enhance food security in irrigated and rainfed conditions.
- Drought planning and management.
- Agricultural and environmental water management.
- Developing decision-support systems (remote sensing, geographic information system (GIS) and information technology (IT)) for agriculture, water resources and drought management, hydrology and catchment management.
- Multi-use reservoir management.
- Climate change impacts and adaptation for water resources and the agricultural sector.
Ricardo's experts provides comprehensive measurement, modelling and assessments to better understand and plan water and natural resource management. Our areas of expertise include:
- River basin management and modelling.
- Hydrological modelling.
- Water resources assessment, modelling, management and planning for rural and urban water environments
- Water accounting and productivity.
- Farm-to-basin scale hydrology assessment
- Sustainable water yield assessment of gauged and ungauged catchments.
- Hydro-ecology monitoring and assessment.
- Feasibility studies and strategic environmental assessment for water infrastructure development proposals.
We also provide leading expertise in a range of key disciplines such as air quality, climate change, ecology, environmental impact assessment and waste management. We support governments, donor agencies and the agri-business sector to define and implement water and environmental policies and strategies to enable sustainable growth and food security under irrigated and rainfed conditions.
We will work in partnership with you to add value to the delivery of your water and environment projects, providing innovative, independent and smart technical solutions. You will have a dedicated senior leader to support you and provide a consistent single point of contact, bringing together a team of professional experts to work with you to hit your project deadlines, budget and other key success factors. Our experts will work with you as an integral part of your team during all planning, development, reporting and management phases. Our team facilitates lasting relationships with stakeholders, building trust and enabling effective engagement to deliver robust solutions aligned to operational and financial requirements for clients.
We recognise the importance of not only, collating evidence, developing effective strategies and plans, but also the need to support knowledge transfer to enable long-lasting skills transfer and that successful natural resource management requires impactful stakeholder engagement.
- Tailored capacity building in water and environmental management.
- Consultation and engagement with researchers, farmers, relevant industry stakeholders and representative community groups.
This service is offered within the following sectors.
Discover our case studies
Tom McCarthy wins Ricardo Leading Lights Living our Values awardRead insight
Jessica Bohorquez wins Jo Elgood Inspiring Woman in STEM award at Ricardo Leading LightsRead insight
Fish are thriving in Channelsea River says latest 2023 fish survey by RicardoRead press release
Water resource management Resources